A week of beach bliss in Bali
Yoga | Meditation | Relaxation | Surfing | Adventure | Culture | Community
Join us for the perfect fun, relaxed, yoga-filled get away at the luxurious La Joya Resort on my favourite beach in Bali, Balangan.
Balangan is the ideal beach for sun set strolls or lounging about on white sand with a good book.
Framed by stunning cliffs Balangan’s rustic charm always captures my heart and the classic ancient temple on the south end gives a glimpse into the beautiful traditions of Bali.
Yoga and meditations everyday will nourish and rejuvenate your body and soul – say good bye to any stress!
Dynamic Hatha Yoga (every morning) — a strength building and heating practice designed to for all levels, safe and supportive for beginners, with challenges and modifications for experienced yogis.
Yin/Restorative Yoga (every evening) — a slow and gentle practice designed to stretch and open the body as well as deeply restore and nurture.
For the keen surfers there’s a world class wave right in front of the resort, as well as a surf school with great beginner wave options.
LA JOYA RESORT
Nestled above one of the finest natural beaches on he island of Bali, far from the madding tourist hordes of Kuta, Seminyak and Nusa Dua, yet only 30 minutes from Ngurah Rai airport, La Joya is a charming boutique resort that offers an absolutely unique holiday experience.
Overlooking the stunning, un-crowded sandy crescent of Balangan Beach on the Bukit Peninsula, 20 minutes from the timeless temple of Uluwatu (where we’ll be taking you to see traditional fire show, dancers and gamalan orchestra).
The resort offers beautiful accommodation in its shell-inspired luxury bungalows and private villa, all of which are thatched with traditional Alang-Alang roof, a tropical grass.
The restaurant, offers you a panoramic view of the Indian Ocean, ranging from Uluwatu to Kuta. European elegance melds perfectly with classic Balinese hospitality to offer the guest all the comforts of a first-class resort in an exotic location unparalleled on the island.
Boasting two of the most gorgeous pools in Southern Bali and an incredible view of Indian Ocean sunsets, the resort is only steps away from the beach. Check it out here.
I’ll be co-facilitating this retreat with my dear friend and amazing yoga teacher Natalie Ritenour, which means you’ll be getting double the expertise to guide you into the bliss of yoga, meditation and the zen like state of a true Bali beach vacation.
I’ve been teaching yoga for almost a decade, and after taking seven retreats to Bali in the past two years I’ve learned how to truly take people on a journey of dropping into their full life-force energy, let go of the stress of life and joyfully embrace the moment to create a life changing and unforgettable retreat.
I’ve also learned that I LOVE leading retreats and the deep connections forged when practicing and adventuring together for a week.
I teach strong dynamic hatha yoga in the morning but insure that it is accessible for all levels. In the afternoon I’ll guide you into a deep release of tension and opening of the spirit with Yin Yoga.
Natalie has been teaching for over a decade and truly walks the talk. She embodies the principles of yoga an has a vast expanse of knowledge not only from her many trainings in India, but also Thai Yoga Massage, Qi Gong, Shiatzu, Theraputic Acro Yoga and Chinese medicine.
I met Natlie seven years ago when we both taught yoga in Mexico and personally learned so much from her at that time, I can’t wait to collaborate with her again!
We are both avid surfers and know how to keep your ocean going bodies happy.
- 7 nights in the luxurious La Joya Beach Resort perched atop the stunning cliffs of Balangan beach with elegant classical Balinese bungalows (twin share, or single occupancy at additional cost of $400).
- Daily morning yoga and afternoon yoga sessions under the guidance of two experienced yoga teachers (14 total yoga sessions)
- Plus Daily mid day special meditation sessions extra surprise Thai Yoga & Acro workshop.
- Fresh, healthy and delicious breakfasts
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Opening night and closing night gourmet traditional Balinese dinner.
- Transport to and from the finest local restaurants for our evening meals.
- Each evening to enjoy the wealth of wonderful dining experiences that the Bukit Penisula has to offer, from local organic restaurants, to the famous traditional fresh caught fish barbecue on the beach to some of the best cliff top sunset spots around (Each night we’ll cover transport to specially selected dining experiences. These outings are optional, those who wish to relax at the resort can always have diner there. Cost of meals are not included).
- Excursion to the Ulluwatu Temple and ketchak dancer ceremony.
- Surf lessons and snorkelling
- Massage and spa treatments
- Cost of lunch and dinner. There are a number of fabulous dining options on Balangan beach and each evening we’ll take you to a new and special dining experience but cost of meals is not included.
- Cost of optional offerings.
$500 deposit required to secure booking (non-refundable)
TO BOOK SEND A REQUEST VIA THE FORM BELOW