We’ve just completed our second Bali retreat and I’m still buzzing from all the inspiring moments. I may be teaching and giving my energy but I get it all back as I watch the participants transform and see the tremendous positive impact of the program. Here are some of the moments that keep running through my mind and bringing a smile to my soul.
- Each morning more and more students joining me before class started to greet the sun rise, reporting that getting up early has never been so easy. Success! By the last morning the whole group was there twenty to thirty minutes before the 6:30am class began. We all just sat in quiet gratitude as the sky shifted through pink and purple beauty.
- Sharing a beautiful gourmet vegan meal with the group and seeing how in a few short days the guests were laughing and talking like old friends. I was impressed and inspired by how often the conversation came back to healthy living with sincere enthusiasm, sharing of ideas and curiosity.
- After each class opening my eyes to progressively brighter and brighter eyes looking back at me. The meaning of namaste embodied.
- Getting the best thank you hug and biggest smile after I taught one student a simple and natural yoga remedy for one of her ailments. She said she’d been to numerous doctors and on various medications through the years that didn’t work, and this technique alleviated her symptoms within an hour. Often the simplest things are the most effective.
- Listening to one of the honeymoon couples talk about how the Ayurvedic information I teach has helped then not only understand their own health but gave them a framework to better understand each other and make the process of merging their lives easier. A glow of love looking into each other’s eyes as they talked about it.
- Being told by all of the men that they didn’t miss eating meat and we’re surprised at how satisfied they felt from the vegan meals. You can teach old dogs new tricks!
- Taking a private outdoor bubble bath in the most beautiful stone carved tub perched atop a pond of coy fish and lotus flowers, serenaded by frogs and in the company of magenta dragon flies. Semara Resort is truly luxurious.
- Watching the sun set from the Ulluwatu cliffs tops and listening to the lullaby of the waves while teaching class. Hearing the sounds of deep breathing synchronizing with the sounds of the ocean. Peace.
- Feeling the powerful energetic opening in the whole group after practicing a Oneness meditation and receiving a blessing from out guest meditation teachers. A few people told me it was the first time they’ve meditated and actually felt their thoughts stop and come fully into the present moment experience.
Each and every good bye hug, feeling so blessed to connect with another group of amazing people.